Frederick A. Martin founded Environment Design in 1974. He is an environment designer, which means that his perspective looks at the play environment as a total environment. We handle everything from site assessment, to evaluating the interests of your community, design, construction, and maintenance.
Our mission is to our children, family and sense of community. We design play environments that are stimulation for the imagination, Challenging for the body and a safe home for the free spirit of discovery.
Environment Design handles everything, including planning, design, project management, installation, qualified playground safety certification, and maintenance support. We use materials that are safe, durable, and, wherever possible, natural: real and recycled wood composite decking,
Whatever the setting – outdoors in an urban schoolyard, a nursery school or a lush nature center; in a large or small interior loft; or in a suburban back yard – our plans are always unique, always appropriate to the location and ages of the children, and always intended for active, happy group play.
Following is a partial and representative list of Environment Design installations:
- Albrook Montessori , Basking Ridge, NJ – April 2007
- Beacon Hill Nursery School , Boston, MA – June 209
- Earth Place Nature Center , Westport, CT – June 2011
- Greenburgh Nature Center , Greenburgh, NY – June 2012
- Farmington Academy Montessori, Avon, CT – September 2008
- First Presbyterian Church Nursery School, Fairfield, CT – July 2008
- St Marks Church Nursery School, New Canaan, CT – August 2013
- Flat Rock Brook Nature Center, Englewood, NJ – June 2000
- Foote School, New Haven, Ct,. 2013
- Montessori Academy, all ages , Delran, NJ – December 2006
- North Shore Nursery School, Beverly Farms, MA – April 2006
- Pear Tree Point School, [need location] – June 1998
- St. Thomas School , New Haven, CT – May 2007
- Stamford Museum and Nature Center , Stamford, CT – June 2000
- Stanwich Club , Greenwich, CT – May 2008
- Staples High School Child Development Center , Westport, CT – May 2008
- Williams College, Children’s Learning Center, all ages – June 2007
- Woodhill Montessori , North Greenbush, NY – June 2008
Quality & Experience
Our designs comply with the safety requirements of the Consumer Products Safety Commission and the American Society for Testing and Materials. Environment Design, llc is fully insured as a playground manufacturer.
Safety verses Risk
Our designs balance safety with challenging activity. Too many designs have eliminated physical challenge in the mistaken belief that challenges equate with danger. Actually, statistics show that children who learn how to climb, hang on and negotiate physical challenges are less likely to have accidents than those youngsters who do not have varied physical play.
Every playground offers a range of challenging activities and maximum safety. In fact, Environment Design has a superior record of quality and safety. No playground producer has a better record.
Environment Design, llc is fully insured as a playground manufacturer.